Monday, October 12, 2020

Sweet Failure - #PotatoPancakes

 In Jessica Peterson's book Southern Charmer, the hero quickly gains the attention of his neighbor by feeding her breakfast. (Being shirtless while cooking certainly helps.)  Elijah Jackson inspired me to cooks some special breakfasts for my honey. In the book, Eli uses simple ingredients and old fashioned recipes.

Flyboy has certainly enjoyed my recent cooking habits. Especially on Fridays when I don't have to go into the office and our youngest is in school. *wink, wink*

Anyways...I've mastered cheesy grits and any dish made with eggs and fresh veggies. My gram would be proud. I thought I'd venture to a new recipe. Sweet Potato Pancakes.


The picture looks yummy.

I chose a recipe from a favorite cookbook, Taste of Home Ultimate Skillet Cookbook. 

Get the cookbook HERE


Shredded apples and sweet potato are added to the flour and egg mixture. 

A little weird shaped but still a pretty sight in a well-loved cast iron pan.


I admit it was a a lot of work and I certainly don't have the right technique for making hashbrowns or potato pancakes. They tasted yummy and Flyboy enjoyed them. Even the teenager gobbled down cold leftovers.


The first few...several... ah...most were a bit well done.

No comments: