1. Make one giant sugar cookie and frost it with a special message.
2. Dip Strawberries in Chocolate... better yet... dip anything in chocolate.
4. Red wine and some pretty glassware. Be sure to know your honey's preference of dry or sweet. Menage a Trois produces some nice reds to coincide with your mood.
5. Cream puffs drizzled with dark chocolate. Both can be purchase from the store so you don't have to try to make it at home. Grab a can of whipping cream for...creativity.
6. Scalloped oysters. Toss with buttery crumbs and heavy cream and bake in individual ramekins. (Flyboy's favorite is the recipe from Taste of Home)
7. Serve tender beef fillet or small delicious steak with roasted red potatoes served with a red wine aged in bourbon barrels. (Check out Mawby's Bourbon Barrel Redd)
9. Chocolate and Kahlua Fondue.
500 ml double cream
400 g dark chocolate, very finely chopped
250 ml Kahlua
Assorted fresh fruit and/or desert biscotti, to serve
10. Frozen Peanut Butter Cups
11. Make a pizza together from scratch. It can be a lot of fun and very sexy.
12. Buy a little hunk of dry ice from a local ice house. Put it in a bowl of water and place it on your serving tray. You'll create wondrous, billowing white clouds!
13. Ah...heck with it... just put a red bow on yourself and call it good!
Be sure to check out other Thursday Thirteen HERE!