Sunday, June 26, 2022

Frittata and The Forest

A beautiful morning in my neck of the woods. I made an aromatic breakfast that would lure my teen son out of bed.
2 Slices of bacon
3 eggs
1 Tbsp heavy cream
Handful of baby spinach 
2 slices Smoked Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven at  350.

I warm my cast iron skillet while I slice the bacon into little strips. While bacon is browning, beat eggs and cream. Feel free to add salt, pepper, a dash of ground mustard seed. 
Remove bacon from skillet and add egg. Lay baby spianch on rgg, then add bacon. Tear the cheese and lay ontop.

Don't stir but watch for edge to begin to cook. Remo e from burner and place in preheated oven. Bake until egg is done. (5-10 minutes).
Remove from oven and let stand for a minute or two before cutting into pie slices.

It disappears fast.

No comments: