Monday, May 3, 2021

Illegal Erections

 I need to start drinking at work because I sound like I already have been. 

I'm the township treasurer and we were short staffed today so I  fielded a few calls. 

One time I answered the phone: Montrose Twp, Mary speaking. How can you help me? I quickly corrected myself. The caller and i had a good laugh. 

Later..

A resident called to complain that his neighbor was erecting a building on his property that didn't have a permit posted. He ranted for a few minutes so I put him on hold to transfer him to our new building inspector/code enforcer. Today was Bill's first day so I don't have his extension programed in my phone. I walked to his office to let him know he had a call. 
Me: "Kevin Peterson is on the phone. He wants to talk to you about his neighbor's illegal erection."

Bill: turns beet red and struggles to hold back a smirk

Me: "That didn't sound right, did it?"

 Bill: shakes his head and gives me a full smile.

I walked away like a boss thinking "I'm going to stick to counting money so I don't have to talk to people."

No comments: