Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday Night Fish

The only thing Flyboy Jr asked, was to have the pike he caught for dinner while he was home on the weekend.
Of course, Flyboy was happy to fulfill the request and added in some trout. After tast-testing spices, the guys decided on Blackened Seasoning.
I tossed some brussel sprouts, carrot pieces and roma tomato quarters with olive oil, smoked paprika, salt, pepper, & parsley then placed them on a stoneware pan to roast in a hot oven.

I love cooking with my honey.

While cooking up some rice pilaf, i thoght about which wine I "needed" with dinner.  I wanted something warm since the temp outside is still cold but i wanted it to compliment the meal. I selected 2018 Late Haervest Riesling from Chanteau Chantal. I picked up a couple bottles the last time we visted Flyboy Jr in Traverse City. I like how the sweetness of pear and apricot works with the spicy dish.

How do you like my favorite wine stopper?

No comments: