Sunday, July 5, 2020

Romance With An Apron

Since the bronze age, aprons have been used by priests, tradesmen and homemakers. In so many of the faded photos in our family album, women are wearing aprons for various designs and lengths.

Gram's aprons were used to hold small cucumbers and tomatoes from her garden. As a small child I enjoyed wrapping myself in the warm comfort of the material while she finished the dishes. I still think of Gram when I look at aprons. 

My mom had several different designs, as she was a great entertainer. An apron for each holiday and event! Dad would often tie Mom's apron for her then with a spin, he'd hold her tight, dancing to a song on the radio in the kitchen.

After ruining several very nice (and expensive) blouses while cooking, I've invested in an apron. 

Well actually, hubby purchased my first one and the boys picked out my second. I find an apron very useful, not just keeping my clothing clean, but also for holding a spoon and quickly wiping my hands.

I even bough hubby his own apron. (He's ruined several shirts while barbecuing.) 

Some of the moments I enjoy the most with hubby are when we have our aprons on, sharing a bottle of wine while cooking together. 

A little bit of romance while wearing an apron. Give it a try.

Cheers & romance from the Quast Kitchen.

No comments: