Tuesday, May 18, 2021

Tasty Tuesday - Mrs. C's Chocolate Chip Cookies

I looked forward to making cookies at my best friend's house. Her mom used Oleo. I loved the smell of it.  The recipe was an old family recipe. I think those are the best kind! Tried and true!

When Mom Carlyon passed away, she took the recipe with her. 
I've spent some time in the kitchen being a mad scientist to figure out the actual recipe. My family never once complained about being "forced" into taste testing.  My son's baseball team certainly didn't complain about getting the left overs.

Alas... I cracked the code. 
Mom was certainly with me as I made this last batch. 
Time to share. Can you smell them?

Ingredients
3 cup Unsifted all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon Baking soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Regular Crisco
3/4 cup Granulated sugar
3/4 cup Brown Sugar; firmly packed
1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
2 large Eggs – room temp
1 cup Walnuts or pecans; chopped (I smash mine into a rough powder)
1-2 cups Chocolate chips
2 cups chopped Dates
Top of Form
Bottom of Form
Preparation
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Combine flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl; set aside.
Combine butter, sugars, and vanilla extract in a large bowl; beat until creamy.
Beat in eggs.
Gradually add flour mixture; blending well.
Stir in Nestle Semi-Sweet Real Chocolate Morsesl, dates and nuts.
Drop by rounded teaspoonsfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. I like to actually roll the dough into balls. I also used parchment paper lined cookie sheets. If the dough isn't firm, chill it in the fridge for a 30 min.

Bakes at 375 degrees F. for 8-10 minutes.

No comments: