Thursday, June 20, 2024

#Thursday13 - Relax & Reduce Stress




1. Stretch like a cat. Have you even noticed a cat curled up in a ball and then how she wakes with a yawn and a wonderful yoga stretch? Try it! 

2. Take a walk… with your honey if possible so you can steal a few kisses too. Otherwise enjoy a few moments of peace and quiet to let your mind rejuvenate. 

3. Soak in the tub. Place a few lavender candles around and grab a glass of wine. Don’t forget to lock the door. 

4. Chocolate! That is my cure-all! Works for everything. 

5. Bask in the sun. Take a few moments or a half hour if you can to let the sun caress your face. Take a few deep breaths, relax, and just enjoy being. 

6. Grab your comfort food… chocolate, ice cream, cheesecake… and then invite me over. 

7. Get a massage. Whether you go to a local spa or pay your child $5 to rub your feet. But if you ask your honey while holding some whipping cream… 

 8. Candles and incense work for me and I find them to be inspiring at the same time. Carefully select your scents tho. Lavender is known for its relaxing properties as well as rosemary and mint aid with stress. 

9. Music! Turn up your tunes. Pop in something you listened to as a teen or at college that brings back fond memories. Dance & sing! Put on those white socks and slide across the floor. My kids die of embarrassment when I dance & sing while cleaning the house. But hubby likes it when I grab him for a spin. 

10. Get a dose of cuddles and snuggles. If your honey isn’t around, grab one of the kids or pets or even a best pal for a little snuggle time. 

 11. Walk in the rain and jump in the puddles. Take some time to find your inner child. 

12. A good stiff drink. Maybe even try Sex on the Beach or a Screaming Orgasm. 

13. Laugh! Laughter is the best medicine. Laughter combined with some good luvin’ is nice too. Try this: take some whipping cream and your neckid body… cover your body in the important parts and walk into a room your honey is in. Just make sure the kids aren’t home when you do this. 

 Hmmm…. I think I need to make a list of 13 things to do with whipping cream.

For more fun Thursday 13 lists, CLICK HERE.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This is great, Mary. I think we are on the same page this week. Happy T13!

Maya Doyle said...

There's little that can relax me as much as taking a drive with the windows rolled down and music blaring.

Heather said...

Excellent post, Mary. I can't tell you how much I wish I could truly stretch the way a dog or cat does. Not to mention how they can sleep in almost any position, lol.

http://wordtrix.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Great list. I bet my cats don't get a stiff neck like I do, lol. I love my music to relax with.
Happy T13

Stephanie Adkins said...

I'm more relaxed just reading your list. LOL Happy Thursday! *Hugs*

Jaycee DeLorenzo said...

Great list, Mary!