Friday, May 22, 2009

Have a Great Weekend


I'm deep in my sea of writing. Everywhere I go, everywhere I look, I seem to be picking up vibes and inspiration. My heart is full of emotion, my mind is full of story lines, and even my dreams are haunted by my characters. In all honesty... this is the fun part. It is the time when the hurricane of words and images slows down enough for me to tell the story.

So many times I wished my dad was alive to see my work. I know that he would be very proud of his "baby". My father was my hero and served his country during WWII as a marine in the South Pacific. I will think of him and honor his memory this holiday. A portrait of my dad graces my office; when I write his shitty grin is always smiling at me. (Yes... it's the same shitty grin a couple of my characters have.)

I hope everyone has a wonderful and safe weekend.


Write on!

1 comment:

Chelle Cordero said...

It has always been said that a writer never stops working - every sight, every taste, every sensation... it all goes into our writing.

Have a relaxing and safe Memorial Day weekend. And to all the veterans, whether in our present or in our memories - Thank you.