Saturday, August 1, 2020

Housecleaning Before Vacay - Who Does That?

We are heading on vacation tomorrow so that means I'm cleaning the house today. My mom always hated coming home to a dirty house, so I must have inherited that trait from her. 
I don't go all Spring-Cleaning-Crazy, I just do the basics.

1. Vacuum. This is the most important and often the last thing I do. We have a dog, a cat and a guinea pig so hair and dander is abundant. When I enter the door a week after I left I don't want to be hit with an overwhelming smell of dog. 

2. Bathe the dog. If she doesn't go with us, I usually give Maggie a bath because she stays with Gram & Gramp. She's getting out of the spa treatment due to having it last week for the wedding. Gram & Gramp will be joining us theregore Maggie will have a pet sitter this week. I'm hoping all goes well since last time she had a sitter, she was a hellion. Don't let her 13 year old face fool you. She's a lab. "Nuff said.

3. Clean the bathrooms. Guys are gross, plan and simple. Let the nastiness set for a week, even grosser. Is that a word? Must be, spellcheck didn't freak out.

4. Wash all the dirty dishes. If I have to, I'll run a load as I'm leaving.

5. Make sure laundry is done. I actually did laundry yesterday since the guys were running out of underwear and didn't have anything clean to wear. They can be such divas. Nonetheless, I'll be bringing home dirty laundry and who would want to come home to a pile of dirty laundry that has been sitting for a week.

6. Wipe down counters. Clorox wipes or my favorite scent of Meyers, leaves a nice fragrance in the air.

How can you find romance in cleaning the house? Have your honey help, you will appreciate it and make sure you show your appreciation later. Or... ask for a nice back or foot massage later. Remember what I said about touch? Check out my post Touch Me, Babe.

Okay...I'm ready. Time to pack.

Do you clean the house before leaving for vacation?

No comments: