Monday, February 15, 2021

Breakfast at the Cabin

It's 16 degrees Farenheit outside today. More snow fell in the night. Flyboy is off flying in warmer climates, leaving only me and son #3 home. My son is doing what teen boys do best....SLEEP. 
I'm enjoying the quiet morning. 
Natures sounds are coming from my kitchen Echo while I chop varies veggies to be used in dishes this week.

The dogs relax at my feet. They already cleared the floor of sweet pepper pieces and the don't care for turnips.
Time for breakfast. I've added Flaxseed, (Doc says I need more Omega 3), ashwagandha powder for wellness and for fun some French herbs. 

For my omelet, I begin with a dollop of ghee, my choice of fat, to my cast iron pan. Toss in some turnips and season with my favorite Cajun spices. I add diced tomato,  sweet pepper,  green onions. Pour my whisked eggs on top. Sprinkle with parsley and cheddar cheese. Cover to cook through.

I cut the omelet and serve on top of the grits. 

Today, I'm enjoying tea Flyboy brought home from Alaska. 

Teen boy is gracing me with his presence and shouts, "I smell food!"

No comments: