Monday, June 22, 2020

Which Wine for Dinner Tonight?

A hot evening calls for a light dinner.
I prepared some tilapia filets with fresh asparagus spears. Neatly placed them in a shallow stoneware baking dish, I drizzled melted butter over all then added a bit a salt, pepper and chopped parsley from my garden pot. (Bake at 400 for 15-20 min).  Instead of a heavy starch, we had Michigan produced cottage cheese and chives from my garden pot.
A reader suggest I try Michcato from St. Julian Winery. This semi-sweet white is a perfect compliment to our dinner. Subtle flavors of mango, pineapple and lemon cool the pallet. Serve chilled. I enjoyed a glass after dinner instead of dessert.

The wine is made primarily with Traminette grapes grown along Lake Michigan and bottled in Paw Paw, MI. The Michcato is Michigan's version of a Moscato. 

A great wine with a light meal or just for summer sipping. Sip on a glass while your honey grills or enjoy together after a meal while the kids do the dishes. 


This wine is also available in a can; perfect for picnics.
Visit St. Julian Winery for more info.

No comments: