Monday, June 22, 2020

#ListenUpLadies - Learn From the Burn

Listen up ladies of all ages! 
If you pick up your razor and there is any doubt in your mind of how fresh the blade is... grab a new one!!!

I held a razor in my hand last night and had no idea of when or if at all, I changed the blade and then I did the worst thing ever. I used it! This morning I woke with a nasty razor burn on my legs. Argh!!!

Luckily, razor burn doesn't usually last long. A few hours usually, a couple days at the most. The key treatment is to moisturize and resist all urges to itch. 

Learn from my mistake, ladies!

Gram used an essential oil blend she made for all burns - razor, sun, stove... etc. 
3 Tbsp Aloe Vera gel
10 drops of lavender essential oil
10 drops peppermint oil
Mix well and store in the fridge.

My mom had a friend who swore by and used cold coffee. She kept a jar in her fridge and applied it with a cotton ball. Mom & I never tried it tho.



What is your go-to treatment for razor burn?

Check out this great article, 
by Mora Gluskin & Naomi Torres 

No comments: