Thursday, January 15, 2015

Facebook Diet

How long are you on Facebook? How often do you check it during the day? Is it interfering with your work?

FreeVector-Facebook-Meet-People

Here are few steps to go on a Facebook Diet.

1. Turn on Tag Review to avoid being distracted by everyone tagging you. Feel free to remove yourself from tags.

2. Turn off Facebook Chat. It can sucker you in.

3. Select Stop Notifications to prevent you from being notified every time someone comments on a post you’ve liked/commented on.

4. Hide your Sidebar and you’ll your Facebook Ticker. Put away the temptation to look.

5. Try the Chrome plug in “Newsfeed Eradicator for Facebook”.  It will replace your newsfeed with motivational quotes.

6. Turn off all game notifications.

7. Me? I’m not all that tech savvy and would spend too much time trying to figure out how to do all the above. So I just take a kitchen timer and keep it next to my computer. I set a time and when the dinger rings, I close Facebook. (I also do not have FB on my phone.)

No comments: