Thursday, June 13, 2013

Thursday 13 - Favorite Highlights of RAGT

Lori Foster's Reader & Author Event is something I look forward to every year. It's a 5 hour drive and soooo worth it! The event started on Thursday night but I missed the activities because I arrived late. Here are a few of my favorite highlights of the weekend.

1. Having Gretchen Roberts as my roommate again. We have so much fun when we are together. Gretchen is a YA/New Adult author with a new book being released this year.

2. The Plotting Class hosted by Monette Michaels from Liquid Silver Books. I use outlines for my novels an write novelettes by the seat of my pants so I was looking for something in between to use. Found it!!! I also attended her Dialogue Class, I found informative and reinforced many points my editor makes with her red ink.

3. Meeting and hanging with Tigris Eden, Virna DePaul, Ty Langston and Cathy Perkins.


4. Pen the Perfect Hero Challenge. With my author and reader partners, I had fun creating Rourke. He was an ex-military, commitment phobic alpha male who owned his own international security firm and bakes cupcakes late at night.  LOL


5. Had fun lounging with fellow Decadent Publishing author, Virginia Nelson. She is so witty and the best person to have on a team playing Romance Pictionary!

6. I won a copy of  Luscious by Amanda Usen for asking a question at The Drollery's Q&A The Art of the Dirty Flirt. Amanda was the moderator and personalized by book.  Squeee! (Yes, authors are fans too.)

7. I met many wonderful ladies during my book signing event. Since my books are electronic, I handed out signed postcards & bookmarks.


8. Meeting my editors Valerie Mann and Kate Richards. I managed to glue myself to them most of the weekend. They are amazing gals!!!


9. Meeting Deserri Holt was a highlight for this fangirl. She is soooo cute. She had a laugh when I told her my hubby's reaction to her latest book, Flyover. (He's a pilot.)

10. The chocolate cheesecake was orgasmic.

11. The author I supposed to do a Q&A with went home sick, so I had to fill 1 1/2 hours. No problem!  I guess I talk too much.


12. Congrats to Gail Burns for winning the Crow Magic tote bag, Crow magic beaded bookmark and bracelet. We had a lot of fun over the weekend chatting.

13. Perhaps the best part was seeing friends I've made through Lori Foster. Gretchen Roberts, Paige Tyler, Maddy Barone, Joy from Joyfully Reviewed and so many others. I am looking forward to next year!

6 comments:

Shelley Munro said...

Sounds like fun! That's one downside of living down this end of the world.

Heather said...

Looks like you all had a great time! Arboretum Walk

Mia Celeste said...

Wow, what a fun event and isn't great to have writer friends?

http://www.miaceleste.com/?p=376

EHT said...

I've never been to an event like this, but I would like to....

CountryDew said...

Great event! Good for you.

Mary Quast said...

If you haven't made it to an event, you should try to get to one. Lori Fosters is reasonably priced and we have tons of fun. A great way for writers & readers to chat. I learned a lot from talking to readers and got some new ideas too!