Lori Foster's Reader & Author Event is something I look forward to every year. It's a 5 hour drive and soooo worth it! The event started on Thursday night but I missed the activities because I arrived late. Here are a few of my favorite highlights of the weekend.
1. Having Gretchen Roberts as my roommate again. We have so much fun when we are together. Gretchen is a YA/New Adult author with a new book being released this year.
2. The Plotting Class hosted by Monette Michaels from Liquid Silver Books. I use outlines for my novels an write novelettes by the seat of my pants so I was looking for something in between to use. Found it!!! I also attended her Dialogue Class, I found informative and reinforced many points my editor makes with her red ink.
6. I won a copy of Luscious by Amanda Usen for asking a question at The Drollery's Q&A The Art of the Dirty Flirt. Amanda was the moderator and personalized by book. Squeee! (Yes, authors are fans too.)
7. I met many wonderful ladies during my book signing event. Since my books are electronic, I handed out signed postcards & bookmarks.
10. The chocolate cheesecake was orgasmic.
11. The author I supposed to do a Q&A with went home sick, so I had to fill 1 1/2 hours. No problem! I guess I talk too much.
13. Perhaps the best part was seeing friends I've made through Lori Foster. Gretchen Roberts, Paige Tyler, Maddy Barone, Joy from Joyfully Reviewed and so many others. I am looking forward to next year!