Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happpy Father's Day







When I think of you, Dad,
I think of a man
who fixed things,
the bicycles and broken hearts...
who hugged me
and took time
to give me piggyback rides...
and who held me
on his shoulders
to better see parades
or just the world around me.





When I think of you,
I know that behind
all those little things
was a great love.
And I just want to thank you for being
the dad you were
the dad you still are in my heart.
I miss you!





After 35 years of working for Consumers Power, he only had a few years to enjoy retirement. Eugene M. Williams passed away Feb. 1994 from cancer and is greatly missed by family and friends. He was a Marine in the battles of the South Pacific, WWII and severed state-side during Korea. He will allways be my hero.

No comments: