1. Talking to his brother, Michael, on the phone. "Gotta have a Frisbee dog! That reminds me, can you send me a few disks? Penny used my best one as a teething toy.”
2. An email sent to Lynn. "Greetings from the Queen! I’m glad to hear everything is going well for you. I’m sorry if I overstepped my bounds having Michael check up on you. But it sounds like he would have anyways. I’m glad to hear your date was so fun. Wish I could have been with you, what a sight my brother must have been! Singing in front of people! I would have made him mess up! Enjoy your ski trip with him. Let me know if he gets out of line. I’ll fly to NY and take care of him myself. I hope you’re sitting down when you read this… I bought a motorcycle. Can you believe it? Remember when I told you I wish I could ride like the motorcycle couriers in London? Well I ordered one similar to the bikes they use! I’ll take you for a ride when you visit! Penny sends slobbery kisses. Erick."
3.“I bought a bike and I want to hire you to teach me how to ride it. I’ll pay
you well for your time and your silence.”
4.“I want to feel the freedom you feel. I want happiness. I hate what I’ve
become. Every woman I date wants only one thing from me. Not one can see past
my money or my reputation.”
5.“Oh, baby! Do me good!” Erick wrapped his arms around Andrew’s
waist as he pretended to pump him.
6. “I’m going to fuck you, Lynn. That’s all it is. I’ll violate you. I’ll
penetrate you until I reach the soul of your being.”
7.“If this child is truly mine, he or she will be raised as a McAlister, in my
house. I’ll give you money all right, but for the baby. Not to run away!”
8.A real nerd, eh?” He whispered. “You must remember, I don’t just ‘do’
business in my office. I did you the other day. And I’ll do you over and over if you
come to my office again.”
9.“I canna sleep.” Erick lay down. “Every time I close my eyes I’ll see her
face, the pain, the tears. Why did I...? I knew I’d hurt her but I didn’t want to!
Especially like that! She hates me.”
10.“You don’t fight fair, Antonio,” Erick croaked.
11.“Andrew, what was done is in the past now. I never blamed you and never
will for what happened, or for my faults. I am responsible for what I’ve become.
We went through hell together and survived. We have the rest of our lives now.
You have Elizabeth; be happy. Live for your future.”
12. “Yeah, I get it.” Erick wiped his eyes. “My black heart is probably the
only virgin part on me.”
13. “No shit! I’m fucking angry! I can’t even fuck another woman without
seeing her face. I can’t stop wanting her. I’ll never have what I want. How can I
bring the broken pieces of my soul back together? He won’t let me.” Erick pointed
at his reflection. “The wretched beast!”
To celebrate, I'm giving away two special items this month.
A signed copy of Tormented Soul and a gift from my favorite store, Lover's Lane.
All you have to do is leave a comment on any post from Feb.1st until midnight the 14 th, the holiday for love... Valentine's Day .
Names will be placed into a drawing and the winner will be picked and announced on February 15.