Sunday, February 20, 2011

Sensual Sunday - excerpt


This is an excerpt from Painted Soul. Lynn was spending time at Hampton House with Elizabeth. Whenever Lynn visited, she slept in the room next to her friend, which also happen to belong to Elizabeth's sexy brother Erick.

The lead to this scene: Erick and friends arrive at Hampton House in the middle of the night. He was too drunk to notice there was somebody sleeping in his bed. When morning broke through the darkness of the night...




Lynn stirred slightly as she woke. Still somewhat in a dream state she felt warm arms around her. Slowly she crept back to sleep until the arms tightened around her.

“Wha’?” she sat up abruptly.

Erick groaned as his sleep was disturbed. His head was pounding. He opened his eyes to see Lynn sitting in his bed. She gripped the sheet to her chest. Her eyes were as big as saucers, a pillow crease on her cheek, her hair flying in several directions. She was the most beautiful creature he had ever seen.

“What are you doing in my bed?” Lynn stared at him.

“Your bed?” He casually propped himself on his elbow, catching the sheet as it slid to his waist, “Look a little closer at your surroundings, this is my room.”

He watched Lynn look at the soccer trophies, and other pieces of his memorabilia scattered about the room.

“I’m so sorry. I didn’t know you were coming. Elizabeth lets me sleep in this room when we are here alone because it’s closer to hers. I know she would’ve told me if she were expecting you. I hope you don’t mind.”

“You don’t need to explain. It’s ok. Actually, it’s kind of nice to think you enjoy sleeping in my room,” he flashed a wicked grin at her. “I’m sorry I stumbled in last night and scared you this morning. I certainly wasn’t in any condition to notice someone sleeping in my bed when I came in.”

Erick’s voice wavered when Lynn gave him a nervous smile. He struggled to remain collected.

“I wish I could be the gentleman here, but I’m afraid I can’t remove myself from this bed in your presence.”

“Why?” Lynn looked at him like a deer caught in headlights.

“Other than enjoying the position I’m in,” he let the sheet fall to expose a naked hip, “I don’t make a habit of exposing myself to my sister’s friends.”

Erick gave a low chuckle at Lynn’s gasp.

“Don’t worry I won’t eat you for breakfast. I won’t touch you, unless you want me to,” he looked at her under lowered lashes as he lay back upon the pillow. For a fleeting moment he thought he saw contemplation in Lynn’s expression.

“Come now, we’re old friends, are we not? After years of not seeing you, I never expected to find you in my bed.” He coaxed a smile from her and saw her shoulders relax. “When I was a kid, Elizabeth and I used to lie here together and play a game called Secrets. We would take turns sharing secrets. How about we play, I tell you a couple of secrets.”

“Yeah, sure.”

“Let’s see,” he rubbed his head, “until now, no woman to the best of my knowledge has ever slept in this bed.”

“I find that hard to believe,” Lynn snorted.

“Really, I’ve never brought anyone here. I always considered it disrespectful.”

“Okay. So now I’m the only one who’s slept in this bed.”

“Right,” Erick couldn’t help but flash a smile, “now for secret number two.”

“Oh, I’m on pins and needles.”

“This is the first time I’ve woke in the morning with a woman in my bed. I usually make a point to not spend an entire night with a woman.”

“I’m probably the first woman you’ve had in your bed that you haven’t seduced.”

“True.”

“So that makes three secrets. I feel honored with your openness, sir,” Lynn mocked. “Don’t worry, your secrets are safe with me.”

After a shared laugh, Erick touched her hand and felt a shock.

“Humor me Lynn, stay with me a little longer. I have to admit, it felt rather nice.” After a pause when Lynn withdrew her hand from his touch, he added, “I’ll behave. I’m too hung over to do anything except sleep more.”

She relaxed and laid her head upon his chest. He gently wrapped his arms around her. He desperately wanted to throw the beautiful woman in his grasp on her back and ravish her. But she was too good for him, she would never love a man with his reputation. He prayed she wouldn’t notice his rod and run away. Lynn felt so right in his arms, he wanted the morning to last forever.

“This is nice,” he said softly.

Feeling daring, Lynn caressed the smooth skin on his broad pectorals. She soon stopped when she heard a low groan escape from Erick’s lips. She melted as his arms tightened around her until her whole body was against his. She found herself wondering what it would be like make love to Erick.

Sadly, she thought, ‘he only sees women as toys, and I can’t compare to the beautiful women in his circle.’

“I can’t believe how long it’s been, I hope you can stay in England for a while.”

“I haven’t made any plans for a return trip yet,” Lynn inhaled Erick’s masculine scent. “I’m taking some time off after finishing a big assignment. But I did bring my cameras, just in case I find some inspiration. And I must admit I’ve needed some lately.”

“Maybe I could help.”

Lynn’s heart skipped a beat.

“There’s a place in the gardens I’ve enjoyed since I was a boy. I used to go there to escape and think about life and stuff. It’s a very beautiful spot. Maybe you’ll find it inspiring.”

“I’d like that,” Lynn was still in shock about being alone with this notorious lover, in his arms, in his bed. She had heard the rumors and saw the tabloid articles about him. He was touted as one of the world’s most dangerous bachelors. It had been said that he could seduce a woman with a whisper and take her to the highest peaks of ecstasy in the most unusual of places.

“Well, I’m sure you’ve heard, Michael and I are taking over McAlister Enterprises,” Erick was obviously trying to make small talk. “Believe it or not, I’m thinking of giving up the flat and looking for one in Kensington or even buying a house. You know, something a little more respectable. If you stay long enough maybe you could help me find a nice place. I mean, since Elizabeth will probably be too busy.”

“Wow! I can’t believe it, Erick McAlister wanting to be respectable.” Lynn remembered what Elizabeth said about Erick wanting to settle down, “next you’ll want a dog, a wife and kids!”

“Ah, my reputation precedes me,” he sighed. “To be honest, Lynn, I am trying to end my tom cat ways. If I wasn’t truly trying, you would be screaming in passion right now.”

Erick felt her tremble. Did the image he just put into her mind repulse her?

“Do you want to get breakfast now?” he tried to change the subject.

“No, not yet,” he was surprised by her curt response. Then after a pause she added, “I would feel honored to look at houses with you Erick. I’m pleased to see you are looking towards the future.”

“I guess I’m just trying to be responsible,” he chuckled.

“You have a nice laugh.”

“Thanks,” his heart melted with her voice as he felt her snuggle against him. He was overwhelmed with how right she felt in his arms. His skin tingled as she carefully draped her leg over his.

“Thank you for letting me hold you like this,” he spoke cautiously, “I haven’t cuddled like this since that old brown bear up there on the bookshelf was my cuddling partner.”

“Well, I’m happy to oblige,” Lynn closed her eyes and placed a hand on his belly, “I must admit I’m not used to feeling arms like yours around me. You’re strong enough to break me in half, but it feels nice at the same time.”

“You haven’t told me a secret yet in our game.”

“A secret? I don’t know what to say.”

“Are you afraid of me, Lynn?”

“No, well…. Honestly, part of me is, always has been.”

“Don’t be, I’ve already promised I won’t ravish you.” His heart pounded in his chest as he tried to remain under control.

“I’ve never been ravished.”

“Okay, there are two secrets, we’ll call it even. Now let’s talk of something else,” Erick grunted, “before my body hears any of this talk and starts a mutiny with my mind. My sister would have my hide if I… well, you know. You are a beautiful woman and a good friend. I don’t want to mess anything up, even though I’m tempted. Oh, no, I’ve said too much!”

“I’m glad you think so highly of me,” Lynn said, patting him. “But don’t put me on a pedestal, the fall is always hard.”

“Sounds like the voice of experience talking,” Erick put a hand on her shoulder.

“When I met Tad I thought we were soul mates. We were both photographers and our personalities were so similar. He was like the male version of me. We were best friends and put each other on pedestals built with high expectations that niether of us could ever fulfill.”

“What really happened, Lynn? I understand he still works for your dad and you’re still friends. Usually, after a broken engagement the parties don’t speak.”

“We were good at being friends and lousy at being anything more. We found out we had too many similar interests, including other men. When I found out he preferred men over me, I was hurt at first but more relieved. I started to feel like I was engaged to my brother!”

“So he was gay, huh?”

“Yeah, kinda sucks doesn’t it?”

“Well,” Erick chuckled at Lynn’s forward but honest attitude, “look at it this way, you may have lost a boyfriend but you gained a girlfriend!”


I'm giving away two special items this month.
A signed copy of Tormented Soul and a gift from my favorite store, Lover's Lane.

All you have to do is leave a comment on any post until midnight the 14th, the holiday for love... Valentine's Day.

Names will be placed into a drawing and the winner will be picked and announced on February 15.

1 comment:

deep vats said...

nice bed sheet ma friend is get marry and i want to gift it
residence hall linens