Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Humpday Help - Journals

Ugh...Wednesday almost slipped past without me noticing. This year I'm constantly asking, "What day is it?"

I am wondering tho... how many of you have started a journal this year. Are you documenting your thoughts as you make your way through this crazy time?



I started, but it lasted for a whole five days. Over the years, I've kept many journals. This year is a perfect year to document, but my mind is more focused on work and muddling through daily life.

Hmm.... maybe I should start a journal as my New Year's Resolution. Now, that's a thought!

*************************
If you are thinking of starting a journal, here's a few ideas to get the mind kick started. 
*Remember something that made you so scared you thought you were going to faint dead away. 
*Remember something that made you laugh uncontrollably. 
*Think about your most embarrassing moment.. come on, I know you have one. 

 Just sit down, close your eyes. Think back to the days of childhood and sift through memories and you'll find a treasure chest of things to write about. Think about what you were wearing, how you felt, what you thought or said. Your words will reflect emotion and you will find yourself writing with freedom and fluidity. It's really not hard. Give it a try. I'm sure you'll have a story to tell.

1 comment:

Alexa Carosella said...

Hi, Mary. Please visit my site. I'm looking for ways to connect with authors whose work speaks to me, and yours does(the cover art is so beautiful). I also want to set up a social network for authors to promote an online sense of community, support, and achievement. I am hoping you can offer some advice. Please sign in at www.repeatbloomers.ning.com. Thanks. Mary (pen-name is Alexa Carosella).