Monday, October 27, 2008

It's Monday - But it's too blue

I don't feel like writing today. *sigh*

When we moved into our log home the boys were going to be in their own rooms for the first time and we decided to give them room pets. The boys chose guinea pigs. After Christmas 2005 we went to a pet store and they carefully selected their pets. Devin picked Fluffy and Trevor picked litter mate Cooki.

The piggies brought much joy to our home and grew with love. We even adopted another pig, Speedy, from a rummage sale! The piggies went to school, to church, to grandma's and adventures in the neighborhood. Fluffy even was lost in the woods for two hours this summer!

Cookie passed away in March 2008 due to kidney disease. I was concerned for Fluffy's health since they were litter mates. But all seemed well until a month ago when Fluffy came down with a cold. His symptoms were rather odd but he was treated with meds from the vet. He seemed to get better and was very frisky last week. Then he stopped eating on Saturday.

Devin cuddled with his buddy for a time last night and this morning. After giving his piggie some lovin' and a kiss, bade him goodbye before boarding on his school buss. Fluffy passed quietly away in my arms a couple hours later.

Devin has an after school program and won't be home until 5pm. My heart hurts for him. I don't think he understood how sick his piggie was. I did mention my concern regarding the fact of the piggies being litter mates & the posiblility of Fluffy having the same problem. Dev loved his little buddy.


We loved you, Fluffy!

1 comment:

Krista Heiser said...

Oh, how sad. My heart hurts for your little man. I can only imagine how my boys would react if something happened to one of their beloved pets.