Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Lost Mind - Please Return to Owner

So I couldn't remember where on my desk top I placed the link to my Blogspot. So it took me days to find it. So I couldn't remember my password. So it took me another day to clean my desk to find the piece of paper I wrote it upon. So here I am. Where's my chocolate?

I think dark chocolate is the most wonderful food in the universe. However, I have noticed how my beloved sweet is getting the recognition it's deserved after all these years. Sure, now it's good for you! Have a little square daily with a glass of red wine and it'll cure what ails ya! Works for me.

But have you noticed how the chocolate now comes in different "flavors" and a variety of names? Some dark chocolate is carob, some is more bitter than others. Hey, just give it to me... I'll do all the taste-testing needed. It's good for me, right?

I look down and see a litter of small purple wrappers that seemed to have missed the garbage basket. Oops, my secret is out. I look into a lovely little box located on the top shelf of my desk. Many of those horded kisses are missing. So, I travel down to my eldest son's room and there sitting on his desk in a neat arrangement is five purple foiled dark chocolate kisses. It's official, the kids have found my stash.

Now to find a new hiding place, but within reach of my keyboard for those intense writing moments when a burst of chocolate is needed. Hmm..... I'll have to swear the guinea pig living in my office to silence. He'll do anything for celery these days.

I think I'll nibble on a delicious dark square while I sit and think about this situation. Yummy... this is good for me.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Hi There,
I saw your post about writing articles for online publishing. I am looking to make a little extra money to help with my medical bills. I love to write and would like to become more involved in doing so.
Thanks,
Amber
Lupus Support Group,Myspace