Friday, January 8, 2021

Breakfast for Weight Loss

I've been trying to lose weight and it's a struggle. Between stupid hormones, painful fibromyalgia and Fltboy's amazing cooking, my weight has reached a plateau. 

Breakfast is often the topic when Coffee Club meets. Peggy finds fasting from dinner to breakfast really works with her.  Some gals skip breakfast completely.  I created a dish to eat in the morning and found I actually lose a little during weeks I eat it.
I take a small cast iron pan, toss in a tiny bit of cold butter with chopped turnips. Add my favorite New Orleans spice and cover for a few minutes to let butter melt and the seasoning flavor to come alive. I add diced sweet bell pepper and green onions. Sometimes chopped roma tomato, spinach or whatever looks good in the veggie drawer. Flyboy likes chopped Jalapeno in his. I cover while I whisk 2 eggs with a dribble of half & half in a separate bowl.

I pour eggs onto veggies, sprinkle with cheddar cheese and fresh parsley then cover. I like the bottom to brown for that wonderful flavor.
To serve, I cut the omelet into four pieces and place ontop of grits in a bowl. 

Yummy!!!

No comments: