Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Wrapping and Wine

 I've had fun supporting my local businesses and shopping online but it's time to wrap. Every year I end up wrapping gifts on Dec. 22 and 23 in a rush. This year is different. My goal is to find a little Romance of the Season. Wrapping gifts is all about LOVE. Grab a glass of wine, place some holiday tunes and wrap some love.

I suggest a sweet wine to pair with wrapping. 
Have a small dish of chocolates handy for energy.
Avoid salty or greasy items; they will leave marks on the paper.

I set up a wrapping station in my basement (close to where the gifts are hidden in totes).Bins of various sizes contain paper rolls, bags, boxes, bows and ribbons.

Wrapping the largest gifts first makes for easy organization.

Clothing is tucked into boxes with colorful tissue. I sealed each box with tape so nosy boys won't peak. On a corner of each box, in tiny print, I wrote the first initial of who the gift is for.

My "assembly line" is simple:

*One table is cleared so I may wrap the gift.


*Then I select a ribbon and bow. After I attach the decoration, I put the spool of ribbon back in its tote.


*Finally, I attach a tag. This year I found some "fancy" tags at The Christmas Tree Shop but I still have the old fashion stick-on tags.

I sort the gifts by size to be taken upstairs to the tree.


As gifts are wrapped, I place them under the tree. Some gifts are "Santa Gifts" and are set aside to be placed under the tree late Christmas Eve. 

I always thought it would be fun to have a gift wrapping party with my sister and niece or with my girls. 

Do you have any wrapping traditions?


No comments: