Tuesday, September 8, 2020

No Crazy Cat Lady Here

 I never thought a cat would be a part of my family. My sister usually has at least 5 cats at any given time. She fosters momma cats with kittens and has kept a few over the years. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate cats but I'm more of a big dog person.

Momma cat when she first came to us.


Six years ago, we allowed son #3 to foster a momma cat and kitten. The kitten was adopted and nobody wanted poor Mom. She and her boy fell in love so she joined our pack.


Mona and the dogs became fur sisters. She often acts like a dog as she waits by the door to be let outside and "barks" at squirrels.

He insists he hates cats. Yeah, right. We can tell.

Usually Maggie joins me for morning yoga but today Mona participated. 

Mona waits patiently for treats.


Studies show cats can benefit your health.

* Relieve stress

*Reduce rodents in your home

* Help you recover from trauma 

* Help you stay in shape - they love routines filled with activity

All in all, we've enjoyed having Mona as a member of our family. 

I've read several books featuring the main characters rescuing a dog or cat. Love it!!! I must say, it's been enjoyable reading Pippa Grant's romantic comedies featuring lovable critters. (Dogs, raccoon, hedgehog, foul-mouthed parrot, monkey, cats and I probably forgot some.)

Have you ever had a pet you didn't expect and ended up enjoying more than you thought?

Do you have a favorite book featuring a unique cat or memorable animal?

No comments: