Sunday, August 23, 2020

Self Isolation Sucks

 A couple days ago a close friend tested positive for Covid-19 therefore all of us who had been with her during a certain time are in self isolation for 5 days. I figured this would happen eventually to me.


Currently, it's just me and the youngest at home. I must say, my 15 yr old is pretty freaked out about everything. He's more worried about missing weight lifting and football workouts than being sick. 

Hubby and I discussed a plan early on if one of us would get sick. With his job as a freight pilot traveling around the world, we guessed he had a high chance of contacting the virus. Our bedroom is on one side of the house, has it's own bathroom, is on the first floor and has doors directly to the outside. These are all features first responders say are good to have. Hubby said if it were  him, he'd put a mini fridge in the room (for beer).

So my bedroom has become the "Rona Room" according to the youngest. When I leave the room, I don a mask and sanitize the shit out of my hands.

The first few days were quiet; solitary. I swam more, meditated more, did more yoga, walked the dog more, read more (I'm hooked on Pippa Grant)...you see where I'm going with this. I've cleaned my room, organized my bathroom cupboard and decorated my space with bouquets of wildflowers picked on my walks. 

I've been keeping a little journal to record my activities and thoughts. During this self-imposed quiet time, I'll catch up on blog posts and work on Hawk's Honor. Maybe I'll learn some new book promo tricks. 

The idea of me having the virus scares me - I have asthma, lupus and fibromyalgia. But I will cross the bridge when I come to it on Wednesday with the test. Hubby comes home from his 2-weeks assignment so I'm hoping it's good news.



No comments: