Saturday, July 11, 2020

Drinking With My Lab

I'm usually a shop-locally-kind-of-girl, but I picked up this bottle of wine because of the name. 
I love my lab.
The capital of Portugal has a wonderful Mediterranean climate known for producing wine for centuries. This wine, Lab of Portugal, is a blend of four different kinds of grapes harvested from clay and limestone soil near Lisbon.  The blend was aged in new oak barrels for four months. 

I paired the wine with grilled veggies and BBQ ribs. With my first impression I noticed how different it is from the wines I normally drink. It had an immediate pine note. Pine, seriously? Must be the combination of the dark red fruits and tannins. As I sipped this bold dry wine, a familiar memory tickled my mind. Then it came to me.

This wine tastes like Up North. Michiganders will know that term. For those who don't, imagine visiting my gram's cottage tucked in a cluster of cedar trees. Knotty pine walls surround you and the linens have a fragrance of Ivory soap.  A breeze travels off the lake past the trees and into the cottage. 

That essence is in this bottle! Drink Lab with steak or a cheese plate and be carried away.
Oh, yes...my sweet lab, Maggie likes wine and gives Lab of Portugal her paw of approval.

No comments: