Thursday, May 21, 2020

When Life Gives You Lemons, Put Them in Wine

In some cultures, the lemon is sometimes considered the symbol of friendship and love, purity and longevity. 

My mom was fond of pairing wine with dinner and I find myself doing the same. When you are having a romantic moment with food and your honey, it's nice to have a wine that compliments the mood. 

I found a nice white wine to pair with fish. 
Prophecy Wines supplies a Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand's Marlborough region. 
(I know... it's not a local wine, but sometimes I have to brag about finding a good pairing.)

I selected a 2016 vintage of the High Priestess.
Flavors of grapefruit, lychee and Meyer lemon offer crisp, citrus flavor that is compliment with aromas of fresh cut grass and cool sea air. Serve this chilled wine with baked lemon pepper whitefish to create a perfect match.

Yeah... I know... there isn't much wine in the bottle featured.
What can I say? It was very good!

Want more lemon?
Add a thin slice of lemon to your glass of wine.



Cheers!



No comments: