Saturday, May 30, 2020

Wake Up With Yoga, Go to Bed Happy

Today was day #6 of doing yoga.
I've been doing yoga every morning outside and I must say it feels great!

My doctor highly recommended yoga to ease the pain of fibromyalgia. The stretching is very important the the benefits of relieving stress is a plus. At first yoga and all the poses seemed complicated and overwhelming but I quickly learned it isn't. By simply breaking down poses and finding easy routines on YouTube, I built up my confidence. I'm not doing fancy handstands or sweat producing flows... just easy, mindful movements.

I love doing yoga outside. Living in the woods has a calming meditative effect. Being on my deck in the woods connects me to nature. On a rainy day, I was on my front porch. 

Maggie hasn't tried yoga yet, but hovers close by.


My hour long morning routine includes: 
      doing 15 minutes of yoga (I do the video plus some poses I like from a night time video)
      eat breakfast with coffee or tea
      write in my diet journal or write list of things I want to accomplish that day
      sometimes I jump in the pool for a quick workout, sometimes doing more yoga in the water
      fill the feeding stations (bird feeders) and take my dog for a walk

I find doing morning yoga has increased my energy level. I'm ready to face the day! It certainly has reduced my stress level and I've improved how I handle stress. I've found it helps me focus on the day. While doing yoga, I focus on the moment; my breathing, the music, the sounds of nature. When I sit down at breakfast I easily make a to-do list for the day which keeps my focused on tasks all day. (I'm easily distracted and often overwhelmed with daily activities.)  

The one thing I've noticed is how my sleep has improved, I feel rested when I wake. I'm happier all day, able to take on the cantankerous moods of my guys and have energy for my honey at night.

Yoga doesn't have to be done along either; have your honey join you. It can be good for your relationship and sex life. Check out this article regarding Poses for Building Intimacy and Trust. Here is a great article from Yoga Journal regarding The Truth About Yoga and Sex.  I told you, I like that Yoga Journal group! If you're feeling adventurous, check local listing of yoga studios near you for classes and special events.

My favorite videos include a morning one by Sarah Beth. Check out her You Tube channel for more info. She suffers from an autoimmune disease so she's sensitive to needs of those challenged. My morning choice is 10 Minute Morning Yoga for Beginners.



My favorite night relaxing yoga video comes from Yoga Journal. I like the 15 Minute Relaxing Practice with Jason Crandell. It's so good, sometimes I almost fall asleep on the floor!



I like the way I feel and I'm hoping to continue my journey with yoga.

Do you do yoga?

What is your morning routine?







No comments: