Sunday is a good day to set aside for some personal spa time. I don’t mean GOING to a spa, I’m referring to a make-it-at-home spa. Create healthy, soft skin during this somewhat therapeutic activity. Some ingredients you might already have on your pantry shelves; others can be found in a local market or health food shop. Your honey, a daughter or friend might want to join in the event as well.
Welcome to Sunday Spa
It has been said that men prefer scents of “edibles” such as vanilla, citrus and spice to those of flowers and powders. Maybe that’s were the saying, “The way to a man’s heart is through his stomach” comes from. Use a vanilla-infused oil on your skin and you just might get him drooling over you.
2-3 vanilla beans
4 vitamin E capsules
What you will need:
Double boiler (if one is not handy, I use a glass measuring cup placed in a saucepan then fill pan half full with water.
Strainer, 8oz bottle, funnel.
1. Boil water then turn down to simmer. Add carrier oil to top of boiler or glass measuring cup.
2. Using a sharp knife, slice the vanilla beans lengthwise and scrape out the seeds with the edge of the knife. Put the seeds in to the oil.
3. Chop the vanilla pods into small pieces and add to the oil.
4. Cover and let simmer for an hour or longer. Check periodically to make sure there is still enough water in the pot.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
6. Pour into bottle. (Straining is optional.)
7. Pierce the vitamin E capsules, squeeze the liquid out. Discard gel caps.
8. Place cap on bottle tightly and shake.
9. Will keep 2 years or longer if stored in the bottle in a cool dark place out of direct sunlight.
Use as a moisturizer, massage oil or add a couple of teaspoons to bath water. Can be used as a base for body scrubs too!