Monday, July 13, 2015

Author Alexa Bourne Talks About Writing


On a dark rainy night,
nothing is better than reading a thrilling suspense with a compelling romance to spice it up.

******************

Alexa Bourne is THE author to write such a tale. She has many books out including the fast paced and incredibly hot story Wake Me (Hidden Destiny) and Chasing Gold (Beyond Fairytales) from Decadent Publishing. During her spare time she even offers on-line writing classes!  How cool is that!

 


Alexa has stopped by to give us a look into her life as a writer.

Thanks for joining us today. Make yourself comfortable. 
Help yourself to some tea and chocolate. 

So tell us, how long have you been writing?
I’ve been writing for as long as I can remember. My first “book” over 100 pages was when I was in middle school a LOOOONG time ago. I have 11 books out and I’m part of 1 anthology that just recently released.

A born writer! What genre and topics do you like to write? Is there a topic you would never write about?
My favorite genre is romantic suspense. After my 11th book came out I finally realized I love writing about people who are thrown out of their element and must find a way to gather their courage. As for something I wouldn’t write about….I’m not sure. At the moment, I can’t think of anything I wouldn’t try.

Sounds like you have a bit of an adventurous writer’s soul. Do you have a special place you like to write or a particular writing process?
I don’t have a specific place I write, but I do have a process. I start each story with only a vague idea of the plot and both main characters. The specifics of the romance, the people and the suspense all come through during the rough draft. The only habit I have is making a soundtrack for each book with at least 1 or 2 songs that specifically represent each couple. I usually listen to that soundtrack over and over as I write that book.

OMG… I do soundtracks too!!! Music always comes up with readers. Do you ever meet your readers?
I have met readers (and love it!). I’ve only had the opportunity to do 1 book signing so far but I look forward to doing more. When I’m able to go to conventions I love to do so. I hope to do more in the next few years.

I love meeting with fans. What is a question most people ask you?
The #1 question I get is “How much money do you make?” I don’t answer it or I might say, “I’m not going to tell you.”

LOL! Hey, summer time is coming fast. I’m sure you hope to find time to read. What is on your TBR pile right now?
The Lair by Emily McKay, Far Gone by Laura Griffin, The Hit by David Baldacci, a bunch of books by Jill Shalvis. Of course there are TONS more in a suitcase, on bookshelves, in boxes in storage….


Ooooo…. I love Jill’s Animal Magnetism series and the baseball novels. Would you say you are a daydreamer?
Not really. I don’t have time to daydream!




As a mom of 3 athletic boys, I don’t have a clue what spare time is. I don’t even have a chance to clean out my purse! Say…if we were to take a sneak peak in your purse, what would we find?
My wallet, promo cards, my headphones for my iphone, a pen & little notepad, tissues and lots of receipts. I know, boring.

I know about “lots of receipts”.  LOL

Time for some fun….

EBooks or Print? Both. I like to travel a lot and the Ebook works best for that.
Wine or beer? Beer, but I wouldn’t say no to a glass of white zin!
Coffee or tea? Tea. My mom’s from England and I grew up on tea.
Chocolate or vanilla? Chocolate. Enough said.

What is your biggest “girlish” vice? Earrings. I have more than enough to last me the rest of my life, but if I see earrings in a store when I’m shopping I always check them out. More than once I’ve had my friends help me NOT buy a bunch. I also can’t leave the house without earrings. I can be in sweatpants and makeup-free with my hair in a ponytail, but I have to have at least 1 pair of earrings in. (I have 3 holes in each earlobe.)

Romantic dinner at home or dinner out? How about a romantic dinner out? It’s not really a romantic dinner if you have to clean up after yourself!

What is your favorite flavor or ice cream? Chocolate chip cookie dough. Yum!

Yeah!!! Thanks so much for joining us today, Alexa. Let’s blow this pop stand. I know an ice cream shop that serves the best Choco-chip cookie dough on waffle cones.  My treat!

****************
Find Alexa Bourne
Website  http://alexabourne.com/
Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/AuthorAlexaBourne
Twitter https://twitter.com/alexabourne


Grownup Fairy Tales Boxed Set
 Amazon 


No comments: