I love to look at winter through my windows. Not being one for the cold, I try to spend one day a week in the kitchen cooking with my boys or some romance with hubby. I think it’s good for our boys to see hubby & I having fun in silly ways. Our kids look forward to family time in the kitchen.
Here are a few ideas to cook up some fun.
1. Be silly and wear an apron that says “Hot Stuff”…. Have hubby wear one that says “Grill Master”.
2. Pickup the book Science Experiments You Can Eat from your library or local book store. Kids and grownups with have fun with this!
3. Wear shorts in the winter while making a Hawaiian dish.
4. Find a fun Latin dish recipe and play salsa music. Dance in the kitchen.
5. Try sipping a glass of red wine while cooking. Give the kids some non-alcoholic wine.
6. Yummy scents such as pumpkin, cinnamon, vanilla or even a batch of fresh cookies gets that blood flowing and the mouth watering. Find a recipe to make that can be eaten right away.
7. Cut up fruits, sweet breads and or cookies to dip in chocolate. Try 'Nilla Waffers! YUM!
8. Cook with your honey. Use your fingers to mix ingredients, lick each others fingers, or have a food fight.
9. Blindfold each other and taste test foods prepared with a variety of textures, tastes, and temperatures. Take turns feeding each other. One on one with your honey is romantic, with kids, this gets messy but a ton of fun.
10. Play “Can you name this?” A blindfolded person tries to guess what various kitchen items and/or food items are.
11. Can’t stop stirring that sauce? No problem! Delegate jobs. Give each person in the kitchen a chore to do – grade cheese, cut veggies, etc.
12. Go to the store and purchase an unknown fruit or veggie. Go home look on line on ways to prepare it then head into the kitchen.
13. Make a large batch of trail mix using your own ideas. Place a cup full in small bags and tie with colored ribbons or twine. Deliver to friends & relatives for a great mid-winter pick-me-up.