Valentine's Day is a just around the corner and in this part of the world we are under a blanket of snow. The good thing is that the holiday falls on a Saturday which opens opportunity for a variety of ideas to celebrate.
1. Play in the snow. Ski, snowboard, have a snowball fight or simply go for a walk.
2. Dinner and a movie. Remember when you started dating and you actually went out? Relive those memories and visit a resturant and theater you did back then. Looking for something new? Check your local listings, many theaters may offer special "dining experiences".
3. Ice skating. A playful activity and a chance to be silly. Enjoy warming up in a local coffee shop afterwards.
4. Dinner by the fire. Make a meal together. Spread a blanket in front of the fireplace and enjoy your meal "picnic style".
5. Go for a drive. Pick a destination such as a little restaurant or a bed and breakfast.
6. Pick up some romantic comedies and curl up together for a movie marathon of love. Have fingerfoods handy or order take out. Everytime the characters in the film kiss, you & your honey kiss as well.
7. Play a board game or put together a puzzle. Keep it romantic by adding wine, candles and music. If you want to spice things up, purchase a sexy board game to play.
8. Have an indoor picnic. Use blankets, pillows, picnic ware and favorite finger foods.
9. Take a bath together. Stop at your local bath and body shop to pick up bubble bath or bath salts and some spa items.
10. Light some candles or add a bit of lavender to a room humidfier (check manufacture directios first). Give each other sensual massages. Use a store bought massage oil or make your own buy blending olive oil or coconut oil with a few drops of an essential oil. Try a massage candle, they melt at low heat to form an oil.
11. Go on a moonlight snowshoe tour. Check with your local ski resort to see if they offer this romantic event.
12. Have a soup night. Go shopping together in the day for the ingredients and have fun making the soup together. While it's simmering, make a loaf of French bread. Add some wine with the meal. Don't turn on the TV but simply enjoy each other.
13. If you live in the North Atlantic Coast...enjoy a snow day. Spend the day in bed.