Monday, January 12, 2015

I’m Back…Did You Miss Me?

Sometimes in a writer’s world real life unfortunately takes over. Such has been the case for me lately.
I am now officially a member of the “Sandwich” Generation. This group of 40-50 years old find themselves still raising their families while also caring for aging parents.  I was born at the end of the Baby Boom to a 40 year old mom and a WWII vet dad. With dad gone, it’s time for my siblings and I to step up. As the youngest, I’m the Medical Advocate and guardian of my 87 year old mom.
She’s a great gal but health problems have made her fragile. My brother, sister and I strive to make what is left of her golden years to be joyful. As a child, I watched my parents love and care for my grandparents. One grandma lived with us for a couple years before passing. I hope I set a positive example to my boys on what it means to be a family and take care of each other.
SAM_3190
While mom still has most of her mind she enjoys proof reading my writing and embroidering pillow cases. I’m sure she’ll hound me to get at least three books published this year.
Needless to say, I’m back and hope to get this blog fired up and running smoothly again. Look forward to favorite posts such as Tasty Tuesday and #HumpdayHottie as well as fun guest interviews,  romance tips, blurbs, and teasers.

2 comments:

Starla Kaye said...

It's a wonderful thing you are doing, taking care of your mother. I'm a gerontologist by degree and deal with a number of older people. It isn't easy, but it is worth it.

Mary Quast said...

Thanks, Starla. :)