Here are a few quotes and lines from the first two chapters.
Thursday 13 –from first two chapters of Eagle Dance.
1. “I’m six feet tall, and no, I am not a model.” She rolled her eyes. “I get asked that all the time, and I hate it. I’m sorry for sounding like a goofy teenager.”
2. When she took his hand in hers, much like a fortune-teller reading his palm, warm waves of magic traveled up his arm.
3. “The dude has way too much energy.” He leaned toward her. Her light, spicy fragrance tickled his nostrils again. Hmm…delicious, better than coffee. “I’ll bet they have an espresso machine in their break room.”
4. “You say it like Dee-aww-mee.” Dyami enunciated slowly.
5. The battle in his mind claimed ultimate victory with the realization his date would be with the long-legged temptress before him.
6. She tasted better than a sugary cinnamon pastry, and he hungered for more.
7. Definitely one delicious piece of man candy she couldn’t wait to unwrap.
8. “Yeah, wow.” Grabbing his jacket, she jerked him close again and planted another quick kiss on his mouth. “So, are you going to call for that pizza, or am I?”
9. If he had washboard abs, she’d jump at the chance to lick thick, warm chocolate-fudge topping off them.
10. She spoke matter-of-factly. “We should pick up some chocolate or caramel syrup, too.”
11. “What do you see when you look at me?” he asked and lowered his eyes.
12. The goatee on his chin, and the dark brows, gave him a devilish appearance and, when he smiled, she ached to climb all over him.
13. Dyami moved in behind her and, without a word, seized her waist, joining her rocking movement in time with the music, his body radiating warmth.
Celebrate SHIFTER MONTH with me and enter the Rafflecopter give-a-away
for a chance to win a piece of Legend of the Spirit jewelry.