Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Tasty Tuesday - Cake Mix Cookies

Other than being an author, I'm a mom to three boys...all athletes and involved in everything. Son #2 is on a school baseball team that plays double-headers regularly. A friend of mine cooks up hotdogs for the boys, others bring chips and I make cookies.

Being a busy mom I'm lucky the boys favorite cookie is one of the easiest to make. The boys like the flavor of the French Vanilla and the soft, chewy texture I create by taking the cookies out after baking for 10 min.

1 box French Vanilla cake mix
1/2 cup of oil
2 eggs
2 Tbsp water
1 cup of chocolate chips (I add a little more)

Mix well and drop by teaspoon onto a prepared cookie sheet. (I use parchment paper).
Bake at 350 for 10 - 12 min,
Let the cookies cool for a few minutes before removing off the sheet. Place on rack to continue cooling.

Warning: the cookie dough is really yummy and may be eaten if kids are around

TIP: have your honey help you make these sweet treats and enjoy them warm with a glass of milk.

No comments: