· 5 cherries, pitted
· 1 cherry, for garnish
· 3 leaves mint
· 1 sprig(s) mint, for garnish
· 1 hot chile, such as serrano, halved and seeded
· 2 ounce(s) white rum
· 1 ounce(s) fresh lemon juice
· 1 ounce(s) Basic Simple Syrup
· 2 ounce(s) chilled club soda
Basic Simple Syrup Directions
Simple syrup is used to make lemonade, various cocktails and for other liquids that need sweetening.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the 5 pitted cherries, mint leaves, and chile. Add ice and the rum, lemon juice, and simple syrup; shake well. Strain into an ice-filled Collins glass, stir in the club soda, and garnish with a cherry and a mint sprig.
· 1 cup(s) sugar
· 1 cup(s) water
- In a small saucepan, bring sugar and water to a boil; simmer until the sugar is dissolved, 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool completely.
Tips & Techniques
Make Ahead: The syrup can be refrigerated in a glass jar for up to 1 month.