I love FALL. Everything about the season is wonderful! Acorn squash smothered with butter and brown sugar cooks in the stove while a hot apple pie cools. Burning leaves and then enjoying a glass of wine with friends. Here are a few ideas for you and your honey to have some time to yourselves.
1. Visit a local orchard or pumpkin patch.
2. Go apple picking then make caramel apples.
3. Bake an apple or pumpkin pie together then eat it before it gets cold. Have fun with the left over whipping cream.
4. Go on a corn maze and hayride.
5. Make Apple Cider Floats and snuggle on the porch.
Apple Cider Float
1 cup of real apple cider
½ cup ginger ale
1-2 scoops vanilla ice cream or a seasonal flavor such as cinnamon or apple pieGround cinnamon and nutmeg for sprinkling
1-2 TBSP caramel sauce
Pour apple cider and ginger ale into a glass. Add vanilla ice cream. Sprinkle on nutmeg and cinnamon to taste and drizzle caramel sauce on top. Serve with straw and spoon.
6. Take your lap top and a bowl of popcorn to the backyard and watch a movie.
7. Have a thermos picnic at the park. Pack soup and hot cocoa.
8. Go on a Fall Foliage Drive. Pick up some pumpkin spice coffee and enjoy the ride.
9. Visit a local book store. Many offer special autumn displays and events.
10. Take a hot air balloon ride. What a way to see the fall colors.
11. Go on a Sunset Date. Grad a thermos of cocoa and a blanket then head off to a park to watch the sunset. Weather permitting, do some star gazing too. Super romantic!
12. Have a “Power Outage” Date. Turn all the lights off, light some candles and have some fun.
13. Try a Spa Night. Take a bath together, give each other massages and put on your comfy-cozies.