It has become a family event every Saturday. My teen boys love the homemade dough and creating their own pizza with too many toppings. Hubby and I remember the days when just he and I would pour some wine and enjoy the time in the kitchen with only each other.
Here is the recipe I used for my
Beer Pizza Dough.
- 1 1/3 cups water ( Or 1 Cup Water and 1/3 Cup Flat Beer for better flavor)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 3 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yeast
1. Add ingredients to machine in order.
2. Set to “Dough” mode.
3. Once completed, place in greased pan to rise about 20-30 min, and split in half.
4. For easy storage, put in Ziploc bags, stack flat to be used as needed. Will be good for 2 days.
5. When you are ready to make pie, slap the dough on a cornmeal/floured surface, roll flat, Hand spin if you are willing to trash the kitchen with flying pizza!
6. Add light layer of sauce and pre-bake at 400 degrees for 5-7 minutes.
7. Remove from oven and add toppings of your choice.
8. Bake in oven at 400 degrees until done (approx 20 min, depending upon topping thickness).