Thursday, September 12, 2013

Thursday Thirteen - 13 Confidence Quotes


When I was growing up my two best friends were smart, athletic and confident.    I was small, an average student, shy, and far from being athletic.  I would become rather blue and my confidence would fall.  My dad would quote Max L. Forman " Always hold your head up, but be careful to keep your nose at a friendly level."

I think confidence is very important at any age and nothing is more sexy than a confident woman!
  Here's a few of my favorite quotes that pick me up when I'm feeling down.

1. Nobody can make you feel inferior without your consent.  ~Eleanor Roosevelt

2. It took me a long time not to judge myself through someone else's eyes.  ~Sally Field

3. It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.  ~Author Unknown

4. We have to learn to be our own best friends because we fall too easily into the trap of being our own worst enemies.  ~Roderick Thorp, Rainbow Drive

5. It ain't what they call you, it's what you answer to.  ~W.C. Fields

6. If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced.  ~Vincent Van Gogh

7. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul, instead of waiting for someone to bring you flowers.  ~Veronica A. Shoffstall, "After a While," 1971

8. People are like stained-glass windows.  They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.  ~Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

9. I am not a has-been.  I am a will be.  ~Lauren Bacall

10. Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong.  ~Peter T. Mcintyre

11. Never dull your shine for somebody else.  ~Tyra Banks, America's Next Top Model, "The Girl Who Is Afraid of Heights," original airdate 17 October 2007

12. Oliver Wendell Holmes once attended a meeting in which he was the shortest man present.  "Dr. Holmes," quipped a friend, "I should think you'd feel rather small among us big fellows."  "I do," retorted Holmes, "I feel like a dime among a lot of pennies."  ~Author Unknown

13. You have brains in your head.
You have feet in your shoes.
You can steer yourself in any direction you choose.
You're on your own.
And you know what you know.
You are the guy who'll decide where to go.
~Dr. Seuss

 

4 comments:

colleen said...

I especially like #5. Good closing with Seuss.

Anonymous said...

Boy, did I ever need these today. Thank you for posting them, Mary. I especially love the first one. Happy Thursday!

Alice Audrey said...

The flip side of #3 is that sometimes holding back is a good thing.

CountryDew said...

This really resonated with me. I have a confidence problem, too. Thanks!