Monday, April 11, 2011

Gotta love living in Michigan.

We started Spring Break with snow and ice.

We ended Spring Break by breaking a temperature record set in the 1920's by hitting 85 degrees.

Last night I slept with the windows open. The wind blew through the trees and instead of sounding like dried bones rattling, the branches thudded as if they were soft and coming back to life.

The spring peepers sang all night; despite keeping my boys awake, I found it to be music lulling me to my dreams. When I lived in northern Michigan, I became so used to the shrill peeper call that if I didn't hear it, I couldn't sleep. Ahhhh.....peace.

But the summer-like temperatures aren’t going to last. A cold front is expected to move through central Michigan, dropping temperatures to a much more normal range, in the low to mid-60s with lows in the 40s.

Seriously?

Sometimes I wonder if the state's weather is the result of Mother Nature on PMS. It certainly has "mood swings". For the moment I will enjoy this lovely breather. I open my arms and embrace Spring. I inhale the scent of Mother Earth as she wakes. I feel strength pour into my weary, cold soaked body.

Happy Spring to all.

No comments: