Monday, September 28, 2009

You Will Be Missed Kate Duffy


An amazing editor has passed away.

A few years ago, when I was suspecting my agent was skimming from me, a wonderful editor by the name of Kate Duffy from Kensington, helped me. I was star stuck that this legend in the romance writing industry was willing to take time out to help me find out if my agent actually submitted my work to Kensington and it's other companies. (My agent had not, despite statements that submissions had been made.)

Through emails she gave me encouragement and connected me to the right people to help me through the difficult time.

Kate even told me to send my manuscript to her and another editor, despite being unagented. I felt honored that she took such time with me.

I always looked up to this woman with admiration.

"In addition, the romance world would probably look very different without two of her other major accomplishments – the launch of Kensington’s Brava line of erotic romances and her stint as the first editor-in-chief of Silhouette Books. Ms. Duffy was a strong advocate for authors and for romance, and will be greatly missed." - All About Romance

“She’s the Julia Child of romance,” - Sarah from SB Love Trashy Books blog


Kate passed away, on Monday. Please keep her family in your prayers.

No comments: