Friday, November 21, 2008

Ladies Day in Bad Axe


What a fun night on the Painted Soul Book Tour! My friend, Kendra, and I left a little after 2:00pm for Reading & Rhythm in Bad Axe, MI. The two hour drive flew by and we arrived early for the event. All day was Ladies Day in Downtown Bad Axe; specials, sales and events for women were offered everywhere.

Murder/mystery author, Denise Collins, joined me at R&R for book signings. Kendra went Christmas shopping. Heh, heh.


Traffic was better during the day but we still had fun. I strolled around the store carrying a dish of Hersey kisses schmoozing with the customers.

Me: "Wanna kiss?"
Customer smiles at my dish of candies: "Why sure."
Me: "Do you like romance?"
Customer gives another smile.
Me: "Books that is..."
Customer giggles and follows me to my table to "check out my latest romance novel".

Things got a little silly when a discussion turned to the fact that women who read romance books have sex 73% more often than women who don't. Matt, the book shop owner decided to purchase a copy of Painted Soul for his wife.




I love meeting romance readers. The best part is celebrating being women... uh.. I mean... Romance Divas!

No comments: