Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Humpday Help

Happy Wednesday... it's the middle of the week and do you need some help getting over this hump?

Sometimes one just needs a simple little change to get that burst of energy to keep going to the weekend. As an artist, I'll do a little drawing to pick myself up. This can be anything from a doodle while on a lengthy phone conversation with my mom, to actually stepping outside with a sketchbook. Needless to say, alot of time is not needed; this is a very short exercise.

As a writer take a moment today to remember a landscape or a visual from your past, perhaps your childhood. Is it a scene at the county fair? Perhaps a day of sunbathing poolside with friends? Think back to a silly time and write a descriptive paragraph about what your mind's eye sees. You might even get carried away and write a few paragraphs or even book. Ya never know!

Altogether, this little exercise will should bring a smile to your face and joy in your heart. If it doesn't... then do something like a child. Get down on the floor and play dolls or hot wheels with a child. Put your arms up and twirl about like a ballerina. Call somebody a "Poopy head" when you're angry with them.

Have fun and feel free to post a silly today!

2 comments:

Eda Suzanne said...

I would get down on the floor and play, but I fear I won't be able to stand up! LOL

Eda Suzanne

www.edasuzanne@blogspot.com

Krista Heiser said...

Thanks for the writing prompts, Mary. They must just help me get through my creative non-fiction assignment!